Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Out Of Your League Evaluation

Film Evaluation out of your League

To start off with I was troubled with ideas and started with the first idea of a school spy movie, I drew up the story board and script, and also completed research on the genre yet did not carry through with it as I was unsure if it would actually work.

Stuck again I teamed up with Laura in the ambition that two heads are brighter then one it certainly worked to start off with and we were underway quickly with a new plan of a Romantic Comedy set in our school. We planned it well and researched the genre and re-capped on shot types and angles so we could plan the filming better.
I tried to use a different variety of shot distances to create different affects and moods. We used tripods regularly throughout are filming to create a steady shot, this made it look more professional and kept the focus on what was in the shot rather than the filming.

Our first day of filming went poorly with Boyzie messing around a lot and a poor lack of variation of shots used. Knowing this and knowing undoubtedly we would receive a low grade. We decided to film our piece again concentrating on variation of shots and techniques. Learning from this experience taught us that in future we would select our cast differently; you do not have to pick your best friends just because you will joke with them. In future I will pick an A Level Drama group to help me. They will be good at acting and work hard.

We decided too go our own way with our editing to give it our own personal touch.

I targeted a young audience as they can relate to the school characters and the setting. My target audience is between 15- 20 as they have a dispensable income the money to go to the cinema. I chose a Rom-Com as it is a hybrid genre and will draw in a bigger audience to see the film. Its intended mostly towards females but will also draw in a male audience when they go on dates etc to the cinema with their female companions.
In my trailer I also attracted a male audience by relating it to a very masculine theme football, most men love the game of football and this makes them interested in the film. The audience will be attracted to the film by the way the trailer is left on a cliff hanger and you don’t know what’s going to happen.

My Film represents the youth of today, it gives both sides of the spectrum and involves Emily’s character an evil destroyer of friendship, Boyzie and I acted oppositely to Emily’s and fought to keep our friendship and eventually had a laugh at her expense. Teenagers are often portrayed in the media in the wrong way often linked with anti social behaviour and more typically drugs and alcohol.

I think a media institution like Working Title Films would my film as they often produce low budget films and turn them into a success. Working Title Films is a British film production company, based in London, England. The company was founded by Tim Bevan and Sarah Radclyffe in 1984. It produces feature films and some television productions. Eric Fellner and Bevan are the co-owners of the company now. I think they having a name such as working title behind my film would instantly add a following to the film.
I felt my film definitely had room for improvement and if I had the opportunity to do so I would change a lot, firstly I would use a different form of computer software too make my film more professional. I would learn how to use the software by working in IT with a teacher so that I felt more comfortable with what I was doing.


By Matt Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment