Thursday, 7 May 2009

Evaluation-First Task

Firstly we used Laura and Owen as our actors in our first task Alex and I both filmed, collectively we directed as we went along trying to perfect the piece. looking back on it now what we should have done was planned it out as a group and decided what everyones roles were and kept to them. This may have been the reason why none of us where happy with our first piece

so we filmed it again using different actors who were not part of our group, this gave us the vision that we could all contribute well to choosing shot types and angles and varying the shot length.
We filmed using Matt Bingham and Luke Thomas in one of the sixth form study rooms. In the piece they discussed an Ice Hockey match that they were watching on the TV monitor. We yet again agreed that are work was not sufficent enought to get a high enough grade so we gathered as a group, then watched some other films and read through shot types, and angles to develop are camera and directing skills.

After are planning we filmed again using myself and Naomi as actors. In our final project i walk along a corridor, then into a classroom were i meet Naomi, the two of us have a converdation which turns bitter and I end up getting a slap. ( They found it halarious mucking this up so i got slapped again and again and again.)

In our film I performed a variety of different roles including acting in our final piece, I also edited with my group. I thought my directing skills were good and i had a good vision that i wanted to achieve. In future i think my planning will improve my Films.

No comments:

Post a Comment